The Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of Germany promotes the mobility of young EU citizens in the European labour market. The specialized programme, “Job of My Life”, aims to contribute towards a decrease in unemployment among young Europeans and ensure the availability of a specialized labour force in Germany. Through a targeted support programme, young EU citizens aged from 18 to 27, who are at least high school graduates, will be able to successfully complete their vocational training in Germany, in an area of their choice.
Participants in the programme will enjoy the support of the German state, in order to acquire sufficient language skills, which will enable them to follow and complete the programme. Participants will also benefit from social support and practical training during their studies, in order to be able to successfully address both social and professional matters.
The aim of the programme is to facilitate the vocational training and related studies in Germany. During the course of the programme, participants will benefit from language, practical as well as social training and support.
The successful completion of German language courses in Greece and Germany will be followed by a six-week work placement, during which participants will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the profession in which they will be trained, by the company that will employ them.
During their German language training, the participants will be invited to interviews with interested companies.
During the entire course of their studies and work placements, participants will receive a monthly income of €818 to cover living costs. An additional allowance of €130/month shall be offered for any dependent child under the participant’s care in Germany.
Travel expenses for the interview, as well as the cost of one round trip to the participant’s home country every year, will be covered by the Programme.
The ‘Job of my Life’ programme is implemented in Greece by DIAN GLOBAL EDUCATION (DGE), in collaboration with German educational institutions. DGE implements the programme also in Northern Greece, in collaboration with local educational service providers.
The process for Greek residents to participate in the programme consists of the following steps:
- Application period: from 01/10/2014 until 20/12/2014 (in Greece).
- Finalisation of the list of participants.
- Preliminary introductory courses: from 15/11/2014 until 30/12/2015 (in Greece).
- German language courses from beginner level up to B1 level: 10/1/2014 – 30/05/2015 (in Greece).
- Interviews with companies in Germany for securing a work placement.
- German language progress examination: 29/05/2015. The minimum passing grade, enabling candidates to continue with the next stage of the programme in Germany, is 60%.
- German language courses and practical training in Germany: 01/06/2015 – 12/07/2015
- Commencement of vocational training courses and employment for aquiring professional experience: 01/08/2015 or 01/10/2015 (in Germany).
The vocational training shall cover the following sectors/professions:
- Industrial engineering
- Construction engineering
- Warehouse management
- Tourism professions
- Hotel and professional catering
- Culinary profession
The Programme offers:
- Three-year Vocational Training in Germany
- Employment for the acquisition of professional experience in Germany
- Insurance coverage
- Monthly allowance (€818) for the coverage of personal living costs during the training in Germany
- Travel expenses (Greece – Germany – Greece)
- Free German language courses, taking place in Greece and Germany
For more information, please visit the web site:
Attention: The implementation of the programme is subject to securing the required funding from the German Government.