“Saving Our Planet: Training disabled people to take and promote measures
for the protection of the environment”
The project aims to increase the awareness of the public on issues related to Environmental Protection and the impact on citizens’ lives.
To achieve the above aims we intend to properly train “groups of volunteers”, belonging to the group of persons with kinetic disabilities, who will be our direct target group through the proposed networks that the consortium intends to develop and support. The initial groups of volunteers will be citizens of Adıyaman who have been involved in various volunteer initiatives in the past. Thus, they have already matured their experiences in approaching and informing individuals about different topics.
The members of the target groups will be trained properly on issues related with:
- Environmental Protection and Climate Change
- The Establishment of an effective collaboration and communication with other groups of volunteers in the participating countries (Greece, Turkey, and Germany) and using collaboration tools properly
- The upskilling in using social media, to promote the project and its aims to the public
- The dissemination of the results of the project to groups of volunteers at European level
Target Groups of the Project
The direct target group of the project is “persons with kinetic disabilities” mostly, young, who do not always have access to the formal Training, like everyone else could have and who find barriers linked to education and training systems. The acquired knowledge by them, on Environmental protection, on Digital skills and on voluntary actions, will help them to be included equally in the society, as equal active members. In addition to the gained knowledge of the voluntary actions for the protection of the Environment, on which they will be trained to offer to the public, will be one more asset for them, leading to their equal social inclusion.
The indirect target group are members of the local society of Adiyaman, who will benefit from the voluntary actions of the direct target group and who will increase their awareness on issues related with the protection of the Environment. Afterwards it will be spread to other countries, according to the dissemination plan of the project.
The general objectives of our project are
- to increase awareness about environmental issues and Climate Change
- to support through lifelong learning the personal development of persons with kinetic disabilities and
- strengthening their active citizenship
- to support the inclusion of the target group “persons with fewer opportunities” and to promote non formal active participation in training activities in order to implement the principles of the “Inclusion and Diversity Strategy”
- to attract the access in the Erasmus+ program of newcomers and low experienced organizations and to act as a first step into cooperation at a European level.
- to support actions aiming at enhancing the digital skills of the participants in the project (young people with fewer opportunities) and their digital literacy, according to the “European Digital Education Hub”
- to support active European citizenship and bring the European dimension at local level, promoting “voluntary actions” for the protection of the environment.
- to strengthen the cooperation in European teams
The activities of the project will be implemented during the 12 months of the life of the project according to the following plan:
- Months 1-5. Actions at Local and Regional level (Preparations, setting the stage, networking, production and testing of materials, setting up the website)
- Months 6-10. Actions at National level (training activities and upskilling)
- Months 11-12. Promotional actions at National and European level for the broader Dissemination and for the Sustainability of the project. (Dissemination and general public engagement at a wider level, either National or European, result sharing for future actions)
- A manual for the training of the volunteers on the following, in summary
- The European Legislation for the Protection of the Environment
- Good Practices from different EU countries aiming for the protection of the water (sea, lakes, rivers) and the terrestrial (fields, forests) Environment.
- Videos to increase awareness of the Public (Images to compare polluted and not polluted areas)
- web page for promoting the project’s objectives as well as its potential outcomes
- Goal-oriented training activities (via virtual classroom or blended learning) targeting the persons with kinetic disabilities
- Ideas and Proposals with simple actions everyone must do or avoid in order to protect our Environment
- Online evaluation of the “Personal Environmental Awareness” for each participant with the use of a Questionnaire.
- E-Platform in which the groups of volunteers
- will be able to present their activities
- will exchange ideas and experiences with other groups of volunteers or with individuals from other regions.
- Digital Leaflets for the promotion of the Project
TRAINING MATERIAL: INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES