Despite the ongoing improvement of quality of life of people around Europe in general, there are still certain regions in the EU-countries, where living standards remain quite low and rate of unemployment among older people and especially women quite high. The working opportunities for women 50+ in these areas are limited to the production of local, traditional products and to the disposal of these products only to visitors of their region. Many of these products are based on traditional recipes with exclusive use of local materials.
Overall aims of the project are to support women 50+ to take part in training activities in order to keep producing their products in the same way, but according to EU legislation and to promote them to a wider market through e-commerce.
The objectives of the proposal include support of the development and adaptation of innovative ICT –based content, services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning through promoting the training materials, and delivering training in order to raise the competence level of the target group. These will be achieved through adaptation of training materials and piloting them, on the following topics:
The 50 + women trainees will have the opportunity to participate in educational processes, including the following:
- Organization of the production of local, traditional products in harmony with the conditions and limitations set by the EU as far as production, conservation and packaging are concerned.
- Organization of the procedures for e-commerce distribution so that the market will expand from local to national and European level.
- Provision of information to women on the procedures and requirements necessary for their products to be characterized as biological.
The Consortium consists of 8 organizations/5 countries. The partners have the necessary experience and supplementary expertise to carry out the project. The project applicant, Commercial Chamber of Trikala, will ensure that the outcomes will be business driven and will spread through strategical synergies. One of the partners will provide training to women of Arab origin, living in Athens, with few working opportunities in the public or private sector. At the same time they are producing traditional Arab recipes.
Expected in/tangible outcomes:
- Decrease of unemployment among the sensitive target group of women 50+, of underdeveloped regions and/or with minority origin, at their majority with low educational level.
- Upgrading of their economic & social status.
- Preservation of traditional production of local products.
- Promotion of local traditions to inhabitants of other parts of the country or Europe.
- Production of products according to EU legislation and for biological products
- Limitation of internal migration of people coming from underdeveloped regions.
- Increase the possibility of employability for the younger members of local societies through these activities
No of Trainers 10-15 (2-3 persons/group) 20 h training/group
No of Trainees 50-100 (5 groups, 10-20 each, in 4 countries) 150h training/group.